By Josh del Sol
Utility companies are replacing electricity, gas and water meters worldwide with new generation “smart” meters at an unprecedented rate. Take Back Your Power investigates the benefits and risks of this ubiquitous “smart” grid program, with insight from insiders, expert researchers, politicians, doctors, and concerned communities. Transparency advocate Josh del Sol takes us on a journey of revelation and discovery, as he questions corporations’ right to tap our private information and erode our rights in the name of “green”. What you discover will surprise you, unsettle you, and inspire you to challenge the status quo.
Watch Take Back Your Power on Facebook,
or at the Yerka website
And read thru below for how you can take back your power!
The following are the most effective actions to Take Back Your Power. Hundreds of thousands of citizens across the United States, Canada, Australia and United Kingdom have realized that they have power over their utility companies and governments. The following action steps are based on their experience.
Knowledge is Power
Your utility company is counting on you to be complacent. However, as Take Back Your Power has shown, the stakes are too high. Along with the movie, the information on this website and our partnering organizations provide you with what you need to protect yourself, your family and your community. Here you will find what you need to know about the health, safety, privacy and legal rights related to the smart meter programs being deployed throughout the world.
Sign up to our Email Updates, available at the top of the Take Back Your Power website, www.takebackyourpower.net. As things unfold, it will be important to stay up-to-date with developments.
Read and use the “10 Questions for Your Utility” document, to verify the facts for yourself.
Reach out to other organizations who are working to stop smart meters. There are approximately 150 anti-smart meter organizations around the world (that we know of) and the number continues to grow! This is humanity’s immune system waking up to fight a toxic program.
Note that your local smart meter organization may have more current information regarding effective strategies and specific laws and legal actions in your region. Please check with them, but also use the following as a guide.
The Worldwide Directory will help you find an organization near you. If there is not one in your area, start one! We will help you.
Identify Your Meter
Before you move on, determine if you have a smart meter by comparing your electrical meter to typical smart meters. Also determine if your utility has a smart meter “opt-out” program. This will help you determine which stage below applies to you. This webpage will help you with this.
The following steps are for the various scenarios that you may encounter. Some communities do not have a smart meter program yet. Others are many years into their smart meter program and have already made significant progress to stop smart meters. The stages of smart meter deployment below will walk you through the most important action steps related to your situation.
Your utility has not yet installed smart meters in your community
- Protect your analog meter. Lock up your electrical meter and place a “No Trespassing” sign with your signature on it. Also place a “No Smart Meter” sign next to the analog meter and take a picture/video as evidence.
- Send official notice to your utility. Let them know that you do not agree to a smart meter installation. Send the letter certified mail with a return receipt. Here is a sample letter.
- Begin raising awareness about the dangers of smart meters before your utility decides to install them in your community. Show this movie to friends and at community events. Educate your community leaders. Pass out flyers. If enough people in your community are aware of the dangers, your utility will think twice about moving forward with so much public resistance. Smart meter programs have already been shown not to save any money. Combine this with public resistance and smart utility companies will not move forward with such an unwise program.
Your utility has already installed a smart meter on your home and in your community and does not offer an “opt-out” option
- Send your utility official notice that they must remove the smart meter within 48 hours. An excellent letter that you can send to your utility can be found at FreedomTaker.com. You can also buy an analog meter from this site or elsewhere on the internet. In the package that you send certified mail to your utility, you may also want to include a cover letter and a letter from your medical doctor if you are experiencing health effects or have a medical condition that can be exacerbated by wireless smart meters. Some people have also included a letter from their attorney stating that the smart meter program is a direct assault on their right to privacy guaranteed under the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- If your utility does not respond in a timely fashion, then you may want to hire a certified electrician to install the analog meter for you. Be sure to record the readings from the smart meter before your certified electrician un-installs the meter so that your utility cannot say that you are stealing electricity (Video and photos are good for this process). Your utility may try to harass and bully you by turning off your electricity. However, they are not on sound legal footing and they know it. It is up to you to demand your rights to safety and privacy.
- If your utility turns off your electricity or forcefully re-installs a smart meter, then reach out to your local media. Take a video your utility’s actions. The last thing your utility wants is press on this issue – it will wake up more people. Send your footage to TakeBackYourPower.net, StopSmartMeters.org and the EMFSafetyNetwork.org. You are not alone. We will help publicize the actions of your utility and smart meter companies.
- Do not accept a non-transmitting digital meter. Any digital meter uses a switching-mode power supply, which as we learned in the film, produces “dirty” electricity on the wiring of your entire home. The only safe option for your family is an analog meter. If your utility will not provide one, you can purchase one from FreedomTaker.com or elsewhere on the web. There are plenty of analog electrical meter suppliers.
- Help your neighbors do the same thing. Share what you have learned. If only you opt-out, then you will still be exposed to the radiation from your neighbor’s smart meters. Working together will give you power over the utility company. Continue to work together until your utility company and local public utility commission abandons their smart meter program or offers a no-fee opt-out option for everyone in your region.
You have smart meters in your community and your utility offers an opt-out option, but for a fee
- Realize that the opt-out option – with a fee – is only a temporary, false solution. It actually benefits the utility companies because they look like “good guys” because they are supposedly being helpful. Don’t believe this. You should opt-out, but you are not legally required to pay a fee in order to protect your health, safety and privacy. Such a payment is called extortion. The “opt-out” fee will most likely be overturned by the courts. You may want to do what thousands of other people are doing and protest the fee by simply not paying it. If your utility harasses you and threatens to turn off your electricity, then utilize the actions in Stages #1 and #2 above. Remember, your utility is not on sound legal footing and they know it.
- Encourage all of your friends and neighbors to opt-out of the smart meter program. One woman in California got 150 of her neighbors to opt-out of smart meters. She created a radiation-free and dirty electricity-free zone around her long-time home. This meant she was not forced to move. Once everyone has opted-out, they can protest the illegal fees by not paying. Encourage your entire community and town to opt-out together. As enough citizens opt-out, the smart meter programs may eventually collapse because there will not be enough smart meters for the wireless mesh network system to work. The utilities know this is yet another weakness in their programs, which is why they desperately want to charge an extortionate opt-out fee to discourage people from opting-out. Don’t let them fool you.
- Support the legal and political efforts that are taking place in your region and across the world. The smart meter programs will eventually be rolled back as the health, safety and privacy issues are laid bare in the courts and become obvious for all to see. This is inevitable as microwave radiation is too dangerous to have in our homes and communities. Support the efforts in any way you can. Introduce people with financial resources to this issue by sharing the movie – they will help everyone turn the tide. This is currently a David vs. Goliath battle, but the tables can be turned quickly as more people realize that our very future is at stake.
Remember that you have the power in this situation. The truth is on your side. A huge mistake has been made by our governments and corporations. The utility and smart meter industries know this and are afraid of the public realizing it. We will eventually be successful.
Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. Join our mailing list (at the top of www.takebackyourpower.net) to keep up to date on the latest developments as we all Take Back Our Power!